Date of this session: Wed. July 14, 2021
Our 4-hour synchronous sessions will be held from 8:00AM-12:00PM (New York time). Not sure what time it is in your region? Check the time zone converter.
This session is designed specifically related to teaching PK-12 English Language Arts curriculum divided into five modules:
- Curriculum & Instruction: Examine student-centered pedagogical approaches and instructional practices for synchronous and asynchronous activities.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice: Delve into teacher competencies that promote culturally responsive teaching.
- Assessment & Feedback: Share formative and summative assessment practices for F2F, online, and hybrid environments.
- Social Emotional Learning: Explore ways to mitigate and address the social and emotional needs of all learners.
- Virtual Learning: Harvest the collective knowledge of the group around best practices and resources for virtual teaching.
* This session will use both Canvas and Zoom.
Meet the presenters:
ELA Teacher at The International School of Kumpur, Malaysia
For the past 2 decades, Abena has been a teacher, head of department, teaching and learning coach, and tech integrator. With experience across all ages, including young learners and further education, the bulk of Abena's experience has been in secondary education. She currently works in Malaysia and is studying for her doctorate in education, focusing on issues related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Adrienne M Waller is the Worldwide Educator. She has been in education for 15 years doing parent involvement work, teaching and leadership; serving in public, private and charter schools globally. With experience teaching Grades 1 - 5, supporting teachers K-12, she seeks to empower those she encounters. Leaning into advocacy is a passion that follows her through education and traveling. You can find out more at www.worldwideeducator.org.
Meredith is a native of Baltimore, Maryland, USA, and began her career in education in 2002. In addition to classroom teaching, she has been involved in equity and social justice work both as a facilitator for student leadership and as a member of administrative diversity councils. Meredith has presented workshops on curriculum reform and white accountability at regional diversity conferences, the annual White Privilege Conference, and at the 2021 CEESA Conference. In addition to working in the U.S, she has taught internationally in Turkey and India. She is currently DEI Coordinator and an MYP and DP Language and Literature teacher at Pechersk School International in Kyiv, Ukraine. She wishes that she could speak all languages and have time to go on long walks every day. She loves to bake cakes, spend time with great friends, read, and, when possible, travel and explore with her family.