Date of this Session: August 12th, 2020
Time of this Session: 8AM-12PM New York Time • 1PM-5PM London Time • 8PM-12AM Shanghai Time
There will not be a recording offered for this Deep Dive due to the many breakout sessions that occur.
Please use this tool to see when this session will occur in your time zone.
Engaging our youngest learners in virtual learning can be especially challenging. Come learn how to make virtual learning hands up and developmentally responsive for early years students with our panelists. This session will be co-facilitated by ISS educators and specific content experts from international schools.
Participants will actively engage in virtual learning that can be transferred into the classroom, no matter what the context. Additionally, all participants will have the opportunity to work in smaller group sessions that align to their specific grade level, content area, and pedagogical beliefs.
This 4-hour deep dive session for Early Years educators will focus on the following key areas:
- Hybrid Learning: This first section focuses on exploring a multitude of pedagogical approaches and instructional practices for synchronous and asynchronous activities in PreK-12 mixed groups.
- Online Assessment: The second section focuses on the formative and summative assessment of online learning. Breakout group discussions sorted by divisions (ES, MS, HS).
- Building Community: This section focuses on building community and finding new ways to increase engagement and motivation with online learners in mixed PreK-12 breakout discussions.
- Grading & Reporting: This next section focuses on small group discussions centered on the grading and reporting practices that are unique to each participant. Breakout group discussions sorted by divisions (ES, MS, HS) and various reporting practices (SBG, P/F, letter, IB 1-7).
- Resources & Tools: Our final section focuses on harvesting the collective knowledge of the group. In this section, we will share resources and tools that specifically apply to our given content areas.
**When registering, be sure to register using the same email you use for Zoom or you will not be able to attend the Deep Dive. If you are registering someone else for this Deep Dive, use the attendee's name and email address.
Meet the Presenters
EY Teacher, Shekou International School
Eighteen years in early childhood, teaching age groups from 2-6years old. I have been involved in school as a team leader, after school coordination, and committee members for school improvement. I’m a life-long learner, attending and presenting in workshops and training internationally. Recently, I have led sessions in PYP Job-Alike, ACAMIS, and 21L TeachMeet. I have a M. Ed. in Reading and Writing in PreK-6. I am also a Seesaw Ambassador and an Apple Teacher. I believe that, “Who Dares to teach must never cease to learn - Dana.”
EY Teacher, Korea International School (Seoul Campus)
Rachael has been working with early years students for 18 years, internationally for 12. She holds a Masters in International Education with a specialization in English as a Second Language. She is Reggio Emilia minded in her pedagogical approach, as students should have the opportunity to learn through play and self-guided wonderment while contributing to their community. She believes in student agency, translanguaging, and parent involvement. Rachael has lead small and global community connection learning experiences such at The #eccphoto art project.