Date of this Session: July 8th, 2020
Time of this Session: 8AM-12PM New York Time • 1PM-5PM London Time • 8PM-12AM Shanghai Time
The current events and challenges of the world the last several months and going into the next school year provide us with rich opportunities to deepen students’ sense of being social scientists and the importance of connectedness as a global citizen. This session will cover a variety of topics from authentic integration of current events to turning social justice learning into community service and action. This session will be co-facilitated by ISS educators and specific content experts from international schools.
Participants will actively engage in virtual learning that can be transferred into the classroom, no matter what the context. Additionally, all participants will have the opportunity to work in smaller group sessions that align to their specific grade level, content area, and pedagogical beliefs.
This 4-hour deep dive session for PK-12 Social Studies educators will focus on the following key areas:
- Hybrid Learning: This first section focuses on exploring a multitude of pedagogical approaches and instructional practices for synchronous and asynchronous activities in PreK-12 mixed groups.
- Online Assessment: The second section focuses on the formative and summative assessment of online learning. Breakout group discussions sorted by divisions (ES, MS, HS).
- Building Community: This section focuses on building community and finding new ways to increase engagement and motivation with online learners in mixed PreK-12 breakout discussions.
- Grading & Reporting: This next section focuses on small group discussions centered on the grading and reporting practices that are unique to each participant. Breakout group discussions sorted by divisions (ES, MS, HS) and various reporting practices (SBG, P/F, letter, IB 1-7).
- Resources & Tools: Our final section focuses on harvesting the collective knowledge of the group. In this section, we will share resources and tools that specifically apply to our given content areas.
**When registering, be sure to register using the same email you use for Zoom or you will not be able to attend the Deep Dive. If you are registering someone else for this Deep Dive, use the attendee's name and email address.
Meet the Presenters
PYP Science Teacher, NCIC-Immersion School
International educator striving to transform what learning means globally & creatively. Back in the classroom teaching Grade 4, Photographer, Storyteller, TED-Ed Innovative Educator striving to transform what learning means globally & creatively.
Innovation Coach, American International School of Guangzhou
Diana has been a teacher, coach, and mentor in the United States and abroad for over 20 years. She has experience in educational technology and instructional coaching to support teachers, teams, and schools in transforming practice with the use of contemporary learning strategies and technology. Additionally, she is a mentor and course facilitator for online professional development at Eduro Learning.