Date of this Session: July 1st, 2020
Time of this Session: 8AM-12PM New York Time • 1PM-5PM London Time • 8PM-12AM Shanghai Time
Dive into science content, engage in effective teaching pedagogy, and sharpen your online instructional practices. This session will cover a variety of topics from delving into the implementation of the NGSS standards to designing authentic STEM experiences through innovation, observation, and experimentation. This session will be co-facilitated by ISS educators and specific content experts from international schools.
Participants will actively engage in virtual learning that can be transferred into the classroom, no matter what the context. Additionally, all participants will have the opportunity to work in smaller group sessions that align to their specific grade level, content area, and pedagogical beliefs.
This 4-hour deep dive session for PK-12 Science Educators will focus on the following key areas:
- Hybrid Learning: This first section focuses on exploring a multitude of pedagogical approaches and instructional practices for synchronous and asynchronous activities in PreK-12 mixed groups.
- Online Assessment: The second section focuses on the formative and summative assessment of online learning. Breakout group discussions sorted by divisions (ES, MS, HS).
- Building Community: This section focuses on building community and finding new ways to increase engagement and motivation with online learners in mixed PreK-12 breakout discussions.
- Grading & Reporting: This next section focuses on small group discussions centered on the grading and reporting practices that are unique to each participant. Breakout group discussions sorted by divisions (ES, MS, HS) and various reporting practices (SBG, P/F, letter, IB 1-7).
- Resources & Tools: Our final section focuses on harvesting the collective knowledge of the group. In this section, we will share resources and tools that specifically apply to our given content areas.
**When registering, be sure to register using the same email you use for Zoom or you will not be able to attend the Deep Dive. If you are registering someone else for this Deep Dive, use the attendee's name and email address.
Meet the Presenters
PYP Early Years Teacher / Nature Educator, Shekou International School
Experienced Elementary School Teacher with a demonstrated history of working in the education management industry. Skilled in IB/PYP Curriculum, Lesson Planning, Educational Technology, Kindergarten, video/audio content creation, Outdoor/Nature Education and Employee Training. Strong education professional with a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) focused in Primary Education from University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa. IB Category 1, 2 and 3 training.
K-12 Science Instructional Coach, American School of Dubai
Lauren Bowers is a lover of all things science with a passion for the NGSS Framework and the wonder it brings to students and teachers. She taught a variety of high school science courses for over 10 years prior to becoming a K-12 science coach this school year. Lauren will be pursuing her PhD in science education starting in the fall.