Date of this Session: August 5th, 2020
Time of this Session: 8AM-12PM New York Time • 1PM-5PM London Time • 8PM-12AM Shanghai Time
There will not be a recording offered for this Deep Dive due to the many breakout sessions that occur.
Please use this tool to see when this session will occur in your time zone.
Dive into your specialist area be it art, music, or PE with our deep dive team of experts. We will explore a variety of topics specific to your needs such as: How does one create a sense of community online in a PE class? How do we create opportunities for art exploration when access to supplies are limited at home? How do I assess the multitudes of online videos of musical performances? This session will be co-facilitated by ISS educators and specific content experts from international schools.
Participants will actively engage in virtual learning that can be transferred into the classroom, no matter what the context. Additionally, all participants will have the opportunity to work in smaller group sessions that align to their specific grade level, content area, and pedagogical beliefs.
This 4-hour deep dive session for Specialist Educators will focus on the following key areas:
- Hybrid Learning: This first section focuses on exploring a multitude of pedagogical approaches and instructional practices for synchronous and asynchronous activities in PreK-12 mixed groups.
- Online Assessment: The second section focuses on the formative and summative assessment of online learning. Breakout group discussions sorted by divisions (ES, MS, HS).
- Building Community: This section focuses on building community and finding new ways to increase engagement and motivation with online learners in mixed PreK-12 breakout discussions.
- Grading & Reporting: This next section focuses on small group discussions centered on the grading and reporting practices that are unique to each participant. Breakout group discussions sorted by divisions (ES, MS, HS) and various reporting practices (SBG, P/F, letter, IB 1-7).
- Resources & Tools: Our final section focuses on harvesting the collective knowledge of the group. In this section, we will share resources and tools that specifically apply to our given content areas.
**When registering, be sure to register using the same email you use for Zoom or you will not be able to attend the Deep Dive. If you are registering someone else for this Deep Dive, use the attendee's name and email address.
Meet the Presenters
PYP Physical Education Teacher, International School of Phnom Penh
Leticia Cariño is a physical educator from Spain and an advocate for health and wellbeing. She currently teaches PYP PE at the International School Phnom Penh, in Cambodia. During online school, the PE lessons were delivered asynchronously focusing on offering a range of physical activities for learners to choose from and to be active every day. Leticia used Seesaw and Flipgrid as the main platforms to connect with students, send feedback, and provide health and wellbeing ideas. As a lifelong learner, Leticia attended a number of online webinars and sessions to keep growing, learning, and providing meaningful PE.
PYP Music Teacher, Shekou International School
Kimberly Sheppard is a music educator currently living in Shenzhen, China and teaching at Shekou International School (SIS). She teaches PYP music through a variety of approaches, including Orff, Kodaly and Dalcroze. She is an advocate for making music through play and exploration.
PYP/MYP & DP Art Educator, Carmel School
Jules has been teaching internationally for the last 20 years. She is currently teaching Elementary Art in Hong Kong. Art lessons have been delivered in an asynchronous fashion, creating weekly videos to accompany a website. She has then attended virtual classes, touching base with her students regularly.