The accounting functions in an international school can be complex, given the internal finances, payroll, and various vendors a small back-office staff must balance.
ISS now offers a downloadable manual that outlines business department procedures and internal controls to ensure smooth operations and help minimize risk.
- Section 1: What is an Audit?/Audit Cycle
- Section 2: Internal Controls
- Section 3: Segregation of Duties
- Section 4: Cash Receipts/Accounts Receivables
- Section 5: Contributions and Endowments
- Section 6: Cash Disbursements/Accounts Payable
- Section 7: Assets
- Section 8: Payroll/Personnel
- Section 9: Reconciliations
- Section 10: Reviews by Management
- Section 11: Managing Audit Costs