This efficient and effective modular teacher training program, specifically designed for local teaching staff within an international school context, powerfully bridges host country pedagogical training and the high-leverage teaching and learning concepts of 21st century international education.
Learners and Learning Module: Central and South America Cohort
How do you teach students in ways that inspire them to think, create, succeed, and adapt in order to apply their content knowledge? What activities stimulate the brain to connect old and new knowledge and to learn? How do you teach in ways that spark students’ interests and engage their talents? This module will connect the science of educational psychology with teaching practice to provide an understanding of essential teaching approaches that lead to student results.
- Dates: April 19 to May 28, 2021
- Cost: $1300 USD per person
- This course will include a combination of asynchronous and synchronous virtual learning. The first cohort is intended for teachers in Central or South America. Synchronous work will be in time zones conducive to those regions.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will receive a professional learning certificate of completion, to recognize their training in international school education.
- Classes are typically 10-20 individuals. In the event that less than 10 students register, the course will be cancelled, and you will be refunded.
This course is part of the UVU-ISS Bridge to Teaching Excellence Program
Comprehensive Training: The flexibility of online training, bolstered by virtual coaching support, delivers an incredibly comprehensive training experience to spark powerful transformations in teachers’ efficacy and understandings of student-center learning and teaching.
Proven Results: The pedagogical improvements of former participants have been profound. With a deeper understanding of responsive pedagogy, teachers are effectively building learning from students’ strengths to serve students’ needs and curiosities. The program sees significant adult learner growth in assessing students’ learning, helping educators craft meaningful instruction and group collaborations.
Stronger Teaching Teams: Heads of School find it an extraordinary and cost-effective way to elevate their existing teaching staff to an entirely new level of global standards.
The UVU-ISS Bridge to Teaching Excellence is a collaboration between Utah Valley University and International Schools Services.
If you purchase more than one seat, you will receive a communication instructing you about how to provide the names of the individuals who should be added to the course roster.